IT Systems Engineer
- Philadelphia, PA
- Full Time
- Springboard IT
Springboard Media is seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer to help support our business and education clients within our Springboard IT division. We are looking for someone who loves the idea of working with an outstanding team to support and delight our client base. In this role, you will be designing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions for our clients and acting as Tier 3 support for our Mac-focused Help Desk dealing with our most technically challenging issues. Our System Engineers also oversee the technical health of our Managed Services clients.
Every day in Springboard IT presents an exciting and new challenge, and there is always an opportunity to learn and grow. To be considered for this position you will be required to have a confident, professional presence and possess technical skills for supporting Mac computing environments. A strong customer service skill set is imperative.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience implementing, troubleshooting and supporting wired and wireless networks, as well as network security devices (firewalls).
- Previous experience with Cisco Meraki network solutions a plus.
- Experience managing Apple devices using a Mobile Device Management system, such as JAMF.
- Experience implementing and migrating Cloud and SaaS solutions for mail, document management, and other area of business.
- Knowledge of the IT landscape to be able to quote and implement full lifecycle solutions for clients of varying size.
- Competency in writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower downtime due to required human intervention.
- Proven ability to provide consistent and successful 2nd and 3rd level IT support.
- Excellent in communication as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a high-speed dynamic environment.
- Must have a High School Diploma, a current Drivers license, and pass a criminal and child abuse background check.
Day-to-Day Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and support client solutions.
- Lead Professional Service projects from conception to completion.
- Provide professional and courteous Tier 3 technical support via chat, email, and telephone to clients.
- Visit Business and Education clients to provide onsite support.
- Monitor and test performance of applications and infrastructure, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and proactively identifying possible solutions.
- Discover new sales opportunities in existing client infrastructures.
- Oversee technical health of assigned Managed Services clients.
- Perform assessments to help develop a complete solution for clients.
- Develop and implement solutions and products to provide the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Continual maintenance of security, including backup and redundancy strategies.
- Attend client meeting with Sales Team to provide technical knowledge and sales support.
- Perform JAMF Casper Suite JumpStarts (when certified).
- Configure hardware as needed.
- Repair Apple hardware as needed (if certified).
- Work with Sales Team and Project Manager to create project plan outlining scope, goals, timelines, deliverables, and required resources.
- Clearly communicate expectations to clients.
- Help department further refine and develop best practices, standard operating procedures, and IT policy.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform other job related duties as needed.
NOTE: Due to the nature of our work, Covid-19 vaccination is a requirement for this role.
Who We Are:
Springboard Media, an Apple Authorized Reseller, has been a Philadelphia staple for over 25 years. While we are a small business, we work hard to prioritize employee happiness as one of our core values. Some benefits of becoming a "Springboarder" include:
- A fun work environment, with social events and competitions throughout the year
- Full benefits package with multiple health insurance options to best fit your lifestyle
- Employer-paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid work environment -- two days in-house, three days employee's choice
- Employer-paid professional development opportunities with additional earning opportunities
- Generous PTO policy with features such as paid volunteer days, PTO for voting, and more.
Maintaining a great culture and happy customers are our top priorities, and we're looking for positive, professional, results-driven individuals to join our incredible team. We foster an open, energizing and collaborative environment and our team is made up of passionate Mac support professionals who deliver to high standards but also have fun in the process.